Saturday, May 2, 2009

dance


Ahh, a costume that I didn't have to make.
Today is the big dance recital for the studio that my daughter dances at. In a town of 30,000 people, there are over 400 dancers enrolled and four and a half hours of performance time in many genres of dance.
I'm always moved to tears by the little ones who look so adorable, trying to remember their steps and not bump into each other, and amazed by watching children, including my daughter advance in their skills and poise and performance abilities over the past 6 years of dance.
I wish that it was something that was available to me when I was growing up.

I used to get involved making dance costumes but since it is a busy time of year for me, I am more than content now to just pay for them and happily watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment