Saturday, October 23, 2010

next day

No pictures yet, but the corset show went very well and it was fun to do. No-one tumbled off the runway, we were well received and I'm sure the whole thing will be posted on Youtube soon. I'll let you know.

I don't know how you feel about your colleagues or workplace or if you ever have opportunitites to work creatively towards a goal, but I am always impressed by everyone I work with and this was no exception. Everyone rose to the challenge and we had corsets that ranged from traditional 18th century to modern interpretations to a welded corset. We were lucky to have milliners and jewellers create pieces to go with our looks, and my daughter put together the majority of the music as well as being a last minute model. Others volunteered as crew, and all in all we had a lot of fun.

We also managed to get 25 of us in one hotel room to have our hair and makeup done, get dressed and arrive on time.

Got home late and got up early to conduct sewing tests for potential employees, so right now I think I will sit down and have a glass of wine.

Til later.......

No comments:

Post a Comment