Sunday, January 3, 2021

Books and references



Since I cleared out all my books from the theatre workspace, I had to find a shelf and space at the studio for them. Its rough but but at least I can see them. It was quite a job moving 30 years of stuff out of there and finding room for what I wanted to keep; patterns, tools, books, memorabilia, thank you cards,,,, you know the kind of things I am talking about.

I still have a box of vintage catalogues and the like which I am not sure how to store, so for now in a box they shall remain. I still have a box of vintage catalogues and the like which I am not sure how to store, so for now in a box they remain. 

I have not purchased many new books recently, trying to cut down on all that as I am more at the end of my career than the beginning, but I do love books. 

I try to keep track of them on Librarything .  If you are a member there, I am TTailor if you want to have a peek at my modest list. I think I say modest because there are some people there with vastly large collections! where do they keep them all?


Have you purchased any new costuming or tailoring books recently? Do you have any worthwhile books to recommend? Tell me about them, old or new books, no matter! do you want to see more of any of my books? Let me know.







3 comments:

  1. This has reminded me of my long neglected LibraryThing account. I seriously need to get back to it, as my collection has expanded!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you still look in those books? Have you seen old department store catalogs or fashion catalogs by retailers from 1890 thru 1950's? My grandmother had a lot. Before all the department stores, you would get magazines or books and order from those. It's so interesting and useful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do still look in the books! They are still my favorite reference sources

      Delete