Ahh, I did find something- a draped shirt.
I don't often get draped garments in my work assignments, but I was delighted to see that one made its way to me last summer.
It is a nice challenge to make yourself think in slightly different ways and this certainly made me do that!
Here are some photos of the final shirt, the muslin toile and the final pattern pieces
It is sleeveless, and the back is quite plain. It also requires a centre back seam.
The right shoulder (on the left side of the pattern below) is pleated to the back shoulder length.
Even after making this, I kind of look at it with a bit of a head tilt, trying to make sense of the pattern.
Below is the pattern piece for the left back of the shirt.
The upper left area of this pattern piece (below) joins to the area in the upper right of the picture above and that ends up wrapping around the neck.The other half of the back is not shown. It was a basic shaped piece, with CB seam, side seam and a normal armhole shape.
Somewhere, we have some notes on the seaming techniques that we used to make this, which I should dig out and photograph as well, because once these costumes are done I mentally let them go- so the blog is a place for me to look back for reference!
Post a Comment