I am off and running on the next project which is a quilted jerkin.
this is for a gentleman with a size 56 chest, and I will not have a chance to fit him.
I made my pattern block, then padded up a stand at work to his shape using a variety of photos as reference.
On the outside of the base, I basted the batting in place over a ham to keep the shape from being flattened. I then cut away one of the batting layers to reduce bulk in the seam allowance.
Sew the dart closed than baste the silk fabric to the base matching the dart with my quilt line position.
Once that was complete, I basted the vertical curved quilting line and then sewed it by machine as well.
Do the same process to the other half of the back. Bind off the armholes and bottom edges. The CB seam allowances had a hong kong bias finish, then I joined the centre back seam.
Then I will bind the neckline with bias so it looks like the armhole finish.
Then I am onto the fronts.
Its a very nice red, quite seasonal in fact!