So I have just been in a whirlwind of activity since finishing the opera. I am not sure if I am afraid that when I stop I will crash, but I have been getting a lot done. Except for the garden.....it still needs some TLC.
But following up to the previous post in which I am making a pattern for an amautik inspired parka, I made a toile for Yvette, and fit it on her on Saturday. It wasn't too bad, although the hood needed work, as I suspected.
Today I managed to alter the pattern and trace a copy of it out for her so she can order material. She is planning on making it out of melton with a separate wind resistant outer shell.
Here is what it looked like on my table. No sleeves in the photo.
Interesting things are the only "extra-curricular" projects I take on these days.
This was indeed "interesting", and I hope she gets her fabric soon, because now I am interested in seeing it as a finished garment. I will leave it to her to add her rickrack trim details and patch pockets. I wonder if she is going to put beading on it? She showed me some beautiful beaded pieces that she rescued from mukluks and other garments they wore in the north, that finally wore out.
Really beautiful work.
Oh, I have a pair of beaded gauntlet gloves.....just let me run and get them.
These were given to my father in law many years ago. He worked for the Indian Affairs Department of the Canadian government in Saskatchewan.
Smoked moose hide. They still smell. Even now.
Early 1960's I think. Northern Saskatchewan.
Beautiful bead work.
Thanks to my DH who happened by and was willing to be a model.
Monday, October 27, 2014
Parka pattern and bonus beadwork!
Labels: 21st century, decoration, ladies, pattern
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment