Monday, June 30, 2014

Layers and things that are hardly seen

I was looking through some of the work photos I have taken this year, and it struck me that some things which we make just kind of get lost in the final look. I know they are there, but overall they seem a bit lost to an audience. I like to think they would be missed if they weren't there. :)
Actually I know that is true!

so here are a few shots to illustrate....

Here's the final look, but what is under that big square cut robe and chain of office?

















A silk sash, with a nice fringe and trim detail.











The blue velvet sleeveless gown and belt under the sash.






The doublet and ruff worn under the blue velvet.

There is also a pair of suede breeches, which didn't make it into my camera, but are indeed worn under the blue velvet gown.














Many layers indeed, and quite a task to wear and perform in under the hot stage lights in the middle of summer.

2 comments:

  1. They look gorgeous! Thanks for letting us peek underneath the robe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. every layer is wonderful! I particularly like the sash.

    ReplyDelete