Saturday, September 7, 2013

shirt collar and deadlines


Are there any crazier people than theatrical costumers?


















If you've been wondering where I have been lately, I'll tell you. Margaret and I took on a project in a new venue for us, not sure if I can even publicly say what it is for, as I don't want to spoil any surprises, but it had a short timeline by any standards!

We got measurements August 24th. I started on patterns and cutting out on the 26th, ready for a fitting on the 31st. back the same day after 8 hours in the car and delivered half of the goods on the 4th, and the other half of the goods today, the 7th.

 It was such a nice shirt collar that I choose to stop and take a photo. I had a sample paper collar from the 1940's that I used as a reference. I liked the soft rounded corners.
So this is where I was at this morning around 11 am.
 

At 5:30, I bagged it up and went off to Margaret's house and waited for our clients to arrive.
They did, along with wine for both of us, so tonight I am putting my feet up, drinking a glass or two, then crashing.

Wishing them the best of luck in their endeavours though.
Will let you in on it all later.

3 comments:

  1. Your work is stunning as always. I love the stripes on the collar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terri - what is your preferred fusible interfacing for men's collars and why do you like it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use a heavy fusible I buy from Farthingales.
      I think it is made in France, I will take a photo of it and post it. This interfacing doesn't shrink and stays firm through laundering. I think with all fusibles you have to make sure it bonds properly, so the right temp and pressure is needed. I cannot get a link to work here right now, but I will follow up shortly.

      Delete