Sunday, September 16, 2012

Home again, home again

Margaret and I just got back this evening from our fitting adventure in Boston. It is always so interesting to go to different theatres and wardrobe departments and meet our fellow costume makers.
We even managed to see a few sights such as The Boston Public Library in the morning before our fittings started. In a city full of amazing architecture, I found this building and its decorative elements to be one of the highlights of the trip. I wish I had had more time to explore the city, but we were there to work, and work we did!                  
                                                                                                More about that later.
It is going to be an intense few weeks getting this project together and sent off all the while overlapping with  the next one and a private contract too.


















These are pictures I took of the BPL, the ceiling of the reading room is amazing, and the other is a photo of the inner courtyard of the library- how perfect!

Absolutely stunning. Also stunning are the John Singer Sargeant murals on the third floor, the marionette display and room after room of the most stunning decorative architecture.
Well worth a follow up visit if I get the chance.

Luckily I was also able to squeeze in a visit with my brother too. It was a very busy but enjoyable time.

Tomorrow....onward to pattern alterations and a bunch of cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment