Wednesday, January 11, 2012

finished trousers

I finished these up a few days ago and sent them off. In the picture on the left, you can see the new pair on the left and the old pair on the right. Better quality fabric makes a huge difference. In the picture on the right, you can see the finished product. They have an elastic inserted inside the waist to be adjustable for whoever will be wearing them, which explains the rippling of the waistband.

So, now that is out of the way, I have to spend the next few days getting ready for work next week and finishing up a couple of things left on my table- one being a pair of jeans I decided to draft for myself, and there's a coat alteration, and the shirt project I want to get going. I should be doing a bit of research on the 1930's and the 1880's but maybe I will wait to see the workload on my table before getting into that. I also have a sweater half knitted that needs the sleeve pattern altered and I have to finish a sock so I have a pair, and I wanted to look into glove making and try that too.
There's just too little time to do all these things, but I am going to try to be disciplined and get on with it!

1 comment:

  1. It looks amazing! I hope your client will recognize that! Great job.
    Good luck with all your projects, I am here trying to be disciplined too.