Friday, January 16, 2009

To Begin With


I'm sure that most people think about blogging for a while before actually taking the plunge and I guess that I am no different than most. I have started reading blogs only recently and I started searching for fellow costumers or pattern makers online with little success until recently.






Tailoring does not seem to be as highly represented (nor as glamorous to some) as women's wear, but many people have expressed interest and fascination over the years in how we make costumes for the stage and how the whole process works. So, I think it may be fun (hopefully) educational (probably for me) and interesting (for you) to see how it all happens. I'm interested in discussing the technical aspects of pattern making, showcase the wide variety of garments past and present that have challenged me and I may even let a little bit of the glamorous women's costuming sneak in here from time to time, just to add a little sparkle.


I hope I'll be able to keep up with posting, given that it gets pretty crazy around here, and in embarking on this path I'm sure that I have a steep learning curve ahead of me, so please bear with me!


I
should mention that although I work in a prominent theatre, this blog is just my opinion, and my thoughts on my process and I am not necessarily reflecting or representing any thoughts or policies of my employer.
Terri

Design credits from top:
Ann Curtis
Ann Curtis
Bill Layton
Desmond Heeley



















No comments:

Post a Comment